Eudoris®1 and 3 during the first month on the street, at 10 months of age, performed beyond what was expected. Eudoris®1 first patrol deployment completed a successful 1.5 mile track. Eudoris®3 first patrol deployment was a shorter track, however multiple people were involved and led to recovery of a backpack and a vehicle was located.
CANINE TACTICAL DEPLOYMENT TERMINOLOGY
Define Jackpot (JP): Applies to any amount of target source found.
Define Dry: Canine did not commit to a final and target source was not found.
Define Miss: Canine did not commit to a final on target odor, however substance/source was found later.
Define Cold Deployment: A deployment that is not related to an investigation. Ex: Officer pulls vehicle over for speeding, officer runs his k9 around vehicle. The k9 commits to an alert and target Narcotics/Exp is present.
If there is a projected amount of a known substance inside a vehicle and the K9 commits to an alert, it is technically labeled as a JP, but it is not identified as an official deployment.
To date, deployment records for Eudoris®1 and 3 are as follows:
Detection Jackpot: 5
Detection Miss: 0
Detection Dry: 1
Detection Jackpot: 9
Detection Miss: 0
Detection Dry: 2
Building Search (human) Dry: 1
On the surface it may not seem like a lot of deployments, but I focus on quality vs quantity. I keep a tally on dry deployments because it justifies the sit when illegal substances are found. Dry deployments are rarely talked about, but it is important. I also don’t push bites. The Morton/Method concentrates on utilizing the K9 only in key areas which minimizes liability and amplifies effectiveness. Remember the ‘officer first’ mindset is paramount and it produces proficiency. As with all working K9s, especially with these clones at 10 months old, time and experience will build their confidence.
Deployment updates for the Eudoris® Brand: http://www.caninetactical.com/categories/brands/?id=1
Eudoris®1 and 3 are in the same city and potentially could be utilized during the same building search (human). The possibility exists –
Couple things to note in above video: Although there was visual stimulus in the beginning, it quickly diminished. Eudoris®1 and 3 are actually working together in a search in muzzles with no equipment to subdue them. In layman’s terms: Their behavior is not being masked with equipment. This is the true sight picture.
NEXT MONTH NEWSLETTER, QUICK GRAB:
The Morton/Method and Eudoris®4 just added a category in the Working K9 arena.
CANINE TACTICAL NEWS UPDATE
• CANINE TACTICAL’S FIRST PODCAST WITH WARRIOR MINDSET. http://www.caninetactical.com/categories/media/warrior-mindset.php
• CANINE TACTICAL’S SECOND PODCAST WITH WARRIOR MINDSET.http://www.caninetactical.com/categories/media/warrior-mindset.php
• I FINISHED THE THIRD PODCAST WITH WARRIOR MINDSET. THE MORTON/METHOD JUST ADDED A CATEGORY IN THE WORKING K9 ARENA. IT WILL BE PUSHED ON MY WEBSITE IN COUPLE WEEKS.
• PRODUCT UPDATE: THE CUSTOM FIT BALLISTIC HARNESS AND THE MOD 3 NOW COME WITH THE COBRA BUCKLES OPTION 2. NOTICE BUCKLE PLACEMENT, ONCE AGAIN, BUYING CANINE TACTICAL PRODUCTS, GIVES THE CUSTOMER THE ADVANTAGE OF MY EXPERIENCES. IF YOU’VE NEVER BEEN THERE, THEN TRUST SOMEONE WHO HAS. http://www.caninetactical.com/shop/ballistic-vest-two.php
• CANINE TACTICAL CLIP OF THE MONTH (CANINE EUDORIS®10)
• CANINE TACTICAL WILL BE ATTENDING THE WORKING DOG CONFERENCE IN ST.LOUIS, MO., JULY 14TH – 16TH, BOOTH #6. CANINE EUDORIS® ACTUAL AND A EUDORIS® CLONE WILL BE PRESENT.
• CANINE TACTICAL WILL ALSO BE ATTENDING HITS 2018 IN WASHINGTON D.C. AUGUST 14 – 17, BOOTH# 135.