Eudoris®1, Eudoris®3, and Eudoris®4 were ready for a 5-week police working canine course at 9 months old and ready for the street at 10 months old. Typically we see working canines on the street at approximately 1.5 years of age. Factoring in the recognized equivalent of a canine’s age in human years, we are talking about a 5 year maturity difference between a working canine clone and that of a conventionally bred working canine. Mentally for canines that is quite a difference. So is it a roll of the dice? – Maybe. These clones are currently placed with local Police/Sheriff’s Agencies. They train twice a month with Canine Tactical and I manage all training and provide counseling on real deployments. That being said, I will continue to guide the canine teams throughout this process as they reach peak age and follow them throughout the career of the teams.
The trainability in the Eudoris® Brand clones has proven to be above and beyond amazing. They grasped training concepts immediately and are consistent in all areas of training. I believe Eudoris®1 and 3 will perform above the standards of a typical 10 month old working canine in training. Granted, I may not hold a degree in the emerging science in canine biology or know the ‘why’ in specific developments revealed in these clones or explain it all in terminology that will impress, but what I do have is my past real world experiences in working and training canines in the harshest high risk environments and in breeding and raising them. What I’ve witnessed these clones do compared to canines that are currently on the streets is simply, crazy good. One of the things, among many, that stands out is their heart for work and to please their handler.
Canine Tactical has a certain standard that must be met before a canine begins a 5-week course, a 5-week course that is also designed for a new handler. The Morton/Method is an “officer first” mindset; we teach handlers how to implement their canines proficiently and effectively in key areas. Accomplishing this requires a trainer to focus more with the handler during the basic 5 week course. And have the K9 train the handler as well. It is important that the k9 is pre trained.
Pre-5 WK Course Checklist:
- Detection – Odor sit response in all areas and in all targeted odors.
- Detection – Bite-to-Detection transition.
- Building Search – Effectively searches
- Bite – Aggressive alert on hidden suspect and engages passive suspect.
- Article (if applicable) – Odor sit in all areas (pistol, knife, mags and ID card).
- Tracking – Minimum of 300 yard track, cold tracks (track unknown to trainer) and civil at end.
- Muzzle – Conducted in all areas.
Below are the pre-5 wk course and certification highlights. Certification was conducted week 4 of 5. Eudoris®1 and 3 were 10 months old at the time.
NEXT MONTH NEWSLETTER, QUICK GRAB: Post 5 week course training has started, and Eudoris®1 and 3 have already proved themselves in the first month.
CANINE TACTICAL NEWS UPDATE
• CANINE TACTICAL’S FIRST PODCAST WITH WARRIOR MINDSET. http://www.caninetactical.com/categories/media/warrior-mindset.php
• CANINE TACTICAL’S SECOND PODCAST WITH WARRIOR MINDSET.http://www.caninetactical.com/categories/media/warrior-mindset.php
• PRODUCT UPDATE: THE CUSTOM FIT BALLISTIC HARNESS AND THE MOD 3 NOW COME WITH THE COBRA BUCKLES OPTION 2. NOTICE BUCKLE PLACEMENT, ONCE AGAIN, BUYING CANINE TACTICAL PRODUCTS, GIVES THE CUSTOMER THE ADVANTAGE OF MY EXPERIENCES. IF YOU’VE NEVER BEEN THERE, THEN TRUST SOMEONE WHO HAS. http://www.caninetactical.com/shop/ballistic-vest-two.php
• CANINE TACTICAL FINISHED IT’S 3 WEEK ADVANCED K9 COURSE WITH K9 OLLI AND HANDLER HECTOR. HIGHLIGHT VIDEO WILL BE POSTED ON CANINE TACTICAL’S FACEBOOK SOON!
• CANINE TACTICAL WILL BE ATTENDING THE WORKING DOG CONFERENCE IN ST.LOUIS, MO., JULY 14TH – 16TH, BOOTH #6. CANINE EUDORIS® ACTUAL AND A EUDORIS® CLONE WILL BE PRESENT.
• THE 4TH ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS CTAC SEMINAR IS JULY 30-31 AND AUG 2 – 3 2018 THE 4TH ANNUAL MASSACHUSETTS K9 SEMINAR IS AUG 6TH, 7TH AND 8TH 2018. DETAILED INFORMATION IN FLYERS BELOW. 4th annual CTAC AND 4th annual
• CANINE TACTICAL WILL ALSO BE ATTENDING HITS 2018 IN WASHINGTON D.C. AUGUST 14 – 17, BOOTH# 135.