The above video link involves a track. For this month’s Newsletter I would like you to carefully review the video and give me your feedback. There are numerous points of performance and lessons learned in this video. What is the handler doing right or wrong and why. The canine in this video is very independent and you will see what happens when a handler does not read their canine properly and the effect this can have on a track. Note that the wind is right to left 5-10 mph. I will go over your emails in next month’s Newsletter. Send emails to email@example.com
Tip of the Month (Morton Method): Handlers ask me often, ‘How do I get a dog to use their nose in a muzzle? I typically do not have any issues with canines not using their nose in a muzzle because of how I approach training in their fundamental work. My advice is to simply go back to boxes (detection) or back to however your canine was initially odor imprinted. Slip on muzzle and start your details and scans. The canine will have issues for sure at first, but it will pass if you remain committed. Nothing changes reference the reward system.
CANINE TACTICAL OF IOWA NEWS UPDATE
- GEAR: CUSTOM BALLISTIC VEST AND THE MOD 3 VEST NOW COME WITH FIXED RED AND WHITE LENS BY PETZEL
- LOOK FOR CANINE TACTICAL’S “BOOTH” AND AS AN INSTRUCTOR AT HITS IN SAN FRANCISCO AUGUTST 28TH – 30TH 2017, LECTURE DATES: 29TH AND 30TH AND TIMES ARE 10:15 A.M. – 12:15 A.M. BOTH DAYS.
- LATEST CANINES ON DECK FOR JULY’S 5 WEEK COURSE:
- CANINE TACTICAL SEMINAR: VENTOSA KENNELS HOSTED TACTICAL TRACKING /HIP LEAD (MORTON METHOD) HELD 12JUNE – 16JUNE 2017:
- CANINE TACTICAL SEMINAR: BELCHERTOWN PD IN MASSACHUSETTS HOSTED CTAC COURSES AND A 3 DAY K9 HANDLER SEMINAR ON DATES: CTAC – 19TH AND 20TH DAYS OF JUNE, 22ND AND 23RD DAYS OF JUNE AND THE 3 DAY K9 MORTON METHOD SEMINAR WAS ON THE 26TH – 28TH DAYS OF JUNE.